Monday, February 2, 2009

My Mission Statement

Pretty much I have kicked around the idea of creating a blog for a while now. But I couldn't really decide what I wanted to write about. So I am going to write about anything that seems to strike me at the time. I have no timeline for posting articles. I could be struck by current events or a movie I just saw. Or my disappointment that Cardinals just about pulled off a win against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.

Personally I am a Philadelphia Eagles Fan myself, I know and I hear about it everyday. I am married to a Washington Redskins fan. I know if there were days when our marriage is strained it is the two games a year when we face off on the field. My sons are also split, my oldest is an Eagles Fan, and my youngest is Skins fan. Neither one of them have watched a full football game in their lives. I hope one day to introduce them the joy of football on Sunday afternoons.

My politics I like to keep to myself because I will bust out the soap box. But I will try to keep it to a minimum. Politics and my belief system conflict a lot no matter who is in office, but bottom line I pray for my leaders to lead this country to the best of their ability. That as Christians should be our main concern, prayer for those that lead. Those who are not believers should see us in a light of caring and conviction, not outspoken opinion based on personal fact, but on the basis of our values that are in the Bible. Hate the sin, but love the sinner. And above all we are just forgiven, not perfect. I think I am having a pretty good day if I don’t swear or get angry before 8am. But in the end, Jesus saved me from myself and broke those strong holds that would have ended me up in jail or waking up everyday searching for a reason to live. I have that reason to live, I don’t have to search, and my life is just better in every aspect. Ok, soap box put back.

Now my entertainment choices run all over the place. I love horror and Science fiction. I love comic books, video games, and movies. I watch some of movies that the average person would probably avoid. For example, I have seen all 28 Godzilla movies many times and now enjoy watching them with my kids. I think most 70’s movies are better then some of the blockbusters in the last couple of years. I and yes, Heath Ledger’s Joker was what I pictured in the comic book, Jack Nicholson was not even close and Batman is Tim Burtons worst movie. My music tastes are all over the place; my Zune has Christian rock, worship, hair metal, 80’s cheese, heavy metal, soundtracks, and podcasts. Let’s just say I should never complain I have nothing to listen to.

So that is a little about me so you can kind of expect some of the subjects I will write about. I am just the average American trying to figure out were I am and were I am going and how I feel about it. And I welcome those who choose to read this blog, you got something to comment on, go ahead. Just don’t use vulgar language, Good day, God Bless and talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please no profanity.